This unique, gorgeous, original old Gordons Bay holiday home is situated in just the best location, right across the road from the beach!!!
There are fabulous views of False Bay with Table Mountain clearly visible across the Bay.
Flanked on either side by interesting little restaurants, pubs, coffee shops and curio shops.
The owners are warm and welcoming. They have enthusiastically created an artistic little haven.
They accommodate backpackers, couples, solo adventurers, business travellers, dream seekers and anyone else who enjoys this soulful kind of experience.
The house “talks to you the moment you set foot through the ancient front door”!!!
The house doubles as a shop selling anything from old to new. It is part gift shop, part coffee shop and part guest accommodation. All under one roof.
They have a coffee shop which is hosted on the lawn overlooking the ocean, and the gift shop is inside in two rooms. Both open to the public from 10am until sunset.
They rent out kayaks at R100 per hour.
The guestrooms are all on the right hand side of the house leading off the corridor. There are 3 rooms, some with bunk beds, some with single beds, some with double beds. Shared bathrooms.
Sit on the front stoop with a glass of wine in hand and watch the magnificent sunsets that play out in front of you.
“World famous Santorini Greece sunsets are not a PATCH on these sunsets. They could but only dream of having the sunsets that we experience!!
“Just what the Dr. ordered”!!!
To summerize ……….
There are 3 rooms.
- Backroom (Sleeps 2) R550 per night for the room
- Front room with sea views (Sleeps 2) – R650 per night for the room
- Mixed dorm room (sleeps 6). R260 per bed.
- The bathroom (bath/shower and toilet+ guest toilet is shared. There are no on-suite rooms.
- The rooms all come equipped with power points & USB charging plugs, bedlinen and towels, and free Wi-Fi to guests.
- There is a common room with fire place where you can spend your evenings if it is too cold to sit outside.
- The house has a big veranda leading to the law, overlooking the mountains and ocean.
- There is no television in the house but there are plenty books and magazines to read.
- They offer complimentary coffee and rusks in the morning.
- There are no cooking facilities available to guests, there are various restaurants in walking distance from the house where you can have your meals.
- They have 4 pets, Koos the dog, Kattie the cat and Su & San the chickens. Koos is always ready for walkies and will gladly take you to the beach.
- With the beautiful Helderberg mountain range and nature reserve on one side, the azure waters of False Bay on another and within easy reach of Cape Town, you’ll never be short of activities.
- The town of Gordon’s Bay itself boasts a range of good quality eateries, and it’s the perfect spot from which to explore the Cape Winelands and many other attractions around the Cape Peninsula
- *Accommodation Gordons Bay.
Amenities & Features
- Satelite (DSTV)
- DSTV: Dish only, bring decoder and smart card
- Wi – Fi
- Beach nearby
- Wheel chair friendly
- Swimming pool
- Shared swimming pool
- Air conditioner
- Mountain view
- Sea view
- Secure parking
- Pet friendly
- Conference facilities
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Dish washer
- Fridge with freezer
- Bar fridge
- Stove - gas
- Stove – electric
- Stove - hybrid
- Two plate stove
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Linen & bath towels
- Beach towels
- Mini bars
- Barbecue – Weber
- Braai – built in
- Braai – outdoor
- Outdoor furniture
- Prepaid electricity
- Electric blanket
|1 May - 30 Sept||1 Oct - 30 April||15 Dec - 15 Jan|
|From R225 per night||From R225 per night||From R225 per night|
|Prices subject to change without prior notice. Gordons Bay Tourism Centre is a referral booking office only.|